Friday, May 1, 2009

Milestone

Today was my dad's last day with the home health nurse and physical therapist. He works out each day at Galter now with a new physical therapist who is part of the rehabilitation department. I think my dad really enjoys this because it's a way for him to be able to continue to stretch himself and regain strength.

One of many things I've learned about my dad through this whole experience is his drive. I've always known that my dad has determination but these are far greater obstacles and he has gone through each one while already stretching for the next goal. I truly believe that this was part of the reason he was able to get through such trauma. As his family, this characteristic is such a gift to us because with each day he continues to improve.

- Barbara




1 comment:

  1. Wow, seeing Dwight on that exercise machine is surreal! So great - what a marathon this has been. Keep up the stamina - we are rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete