Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday

Northwestern received my dad's blood results today and they found that his liver enzymes are very high. They will be doing an ultrasound on Tuesday morning to look into it further.

I have to be completely honest here, thinking about this makes me weak. It brings things flooding back to the surface . . . the panic, the unknown. And while I cognitively know that we are not sitting in the ICU waiting room, just the thought of a potential speed bump or road block in the recovery makes me feel like I'm right back there.

Please pray for:
Positive results
The enzyme levels to come down
Good communication to us from the medical staff

On a positive note my dad feels really good. Getting better each day in terms of strength and energy. His bedsore has healed which now allows him to sit in chairs and not only have the option of lying on the couch. This does wonders for mental health, I'm sure.

Thanks for your continued support and prayer.

-Barbara

2 comments:

  1. We'll keep praying
    Love,
    Karin Novak

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dad is definitely still in our prayers. From your pictures, he looks great! May God continue to be with you all. Love, Laura, Mark & Vinny

    ReplyDelete