Wednesday, April 1, 2009

1326

My dad has been moved from ICU to a regular hospital room; room 1326 of the Feinberg building at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

It is so incredible to be in this reality. Just a week ago (although I have to admit, it's felt like one really, really long day) we were faced with very difficult predictions of my dad's neurological capability based on the results of an EEG. And now my dad's chief complaint? He's bored.

There have been many tears this week of relief and joy. Although I don't really know when or if my brain will fully comprehend this miraculous outcome. Right now I'm just going to ride it. To bask in the love and support we feel and to have our wishes of having my dad come back to us. It's not profound or enlightening but it is a gift to just be present in something wonderful. I am grateful for this.



Prayer Requests:


That my dad is able to sleep during the night in the hospital room.

For the rehabilitation staff and my dad as they work together to strengthen his legs and arms.

For a freedom from boredom. Seriously. My dad is a go-getter and it's a test of will to be sedentary for so long.

-Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment