Sunday, April 19, 2009

Welcome Sign

Prior to my dad's illness, every time we came to my parents' home and rang their door bell we could almost guarantee that my dad will be the one to answer the door and with total enhusiam shout "Sanne!". (Sanne always feel so special at their home).

Since my dad's illness I have often thought of these times. When he was in his coma, that memory seemed miles away. In the last week, I've secretly hoped that my dad would be at the door but he has often times been exhausted and on the couch or in bed.

But today, as we came back from church and came in the house, I could hear him near the kitchen (where we enter the house), when the same enthusiam he once had. I can just tell that we're so close to recovery : )



Thanks!
-Barbara

2 comments:

  1. Another step and another reason to praise God for the healing and blessings He provides each day! We're so happy for Dwight, Susan, you and the whole family. And, we are still praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara....you and your dear family have been so incredibly wonderful and helpful to all of us who have prayed for the "Miracle of Life" for Dwight. God continues to answer our prayers and we continue to ask Him to keep healing Dwight's body. There is no greater joy than to await the arrival of grandchildren! We can't tell you the happiness we feel when we read your comments on this amazing "blog system"!!! Thank you dear Barbara for keeping all of us informed. God bless you, Nathan and precious Sanne.
    Hugs and love from both of us.....

    ReplyDelete