Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Update

Many of you have been asking how my dad is doing . . . thank you for your continued support and concern!

I have realized through your questions that we may not be doing a great job of expressing how my dad is doing now that he is home and recovering. I'll do my best to paint a picture of the extent of miraculous leaps he's been showing.

Let this not only be a list of prayer requests but prayers answered:

My dad has regained his appetite

Is sleeping mostly through the night with brief wake ups

His bed sore is healing and it is getting easier and easier to sit

He's able to walk down the block at a normal pace

My dad does not remember being in the emergency room or in ICU but his long-term and short-term memory are totally normal

He is continuing to adjust to the loss of vision in his left eye

He continues to be fatigued but is up and doing normal tasks more and more

He takes small car trips with my mom to run errands

And here are some true tell signs that he's on the mend:

He edited my niece's birthday video by putting it from camcorder to dvd

He's vacuuming (a sickness I've received from him)

Hope this helps you get a better sense of the incredible gift we've received.

-Barbara

3 comments:

  1. We're glad to hear about the answers to prayers. It was really exciting to also hear about his editing Klara's birthday video. We continue to pray for his full recovery. May God surround the whole family with His love.

    Love, JoAnn & Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear all--
    Time makes all the difference--though it can be hard to wait. I am so glad to hear all this good news. Keep the faith--I am!
    Love, Nissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much
    Debbie Edstrom

    ReplyDelete