Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday


Nathan and I went to our church this morning before heading to my parent's house to enjoy Easter Sunday together. I appreciated the Easter benediction during the church service today given not only the spirit of our celebration in the Christian church today but also the journey we are going through.

I have felt so out of my "life routine". I work at our church and on Thursday, I found myself calling our Pastor for a work-related question only to realize half way through the voicemail that it was Maundy Thursday and he was in the worship service. How does a church employee forget that it's Holy Week? In many ways I felt unprepared for Easter today, having mentally missed half of Lent. But on the other hand, I feel like I have been blessed with a heightened awareness of what the valleys are like. My hallelujahs today were strong.



Now to Him who by the power at work within
us is able to do far more abundantly than all that
we ask or think, to Him be glory in the Church
and in Christ Jesus to all generations,
for ever and ever. Amen.
from Ephesians 3:20-21

My dad continues to improve with each day. He is sleeping more and eating more. He is in a groove with taking his medication and monitoring his blood sugar. Many of you have asked what the status is with his ulcer. He is taking medication and following a strict diet. He will have a follow up appointment at the end of April that will give the doctors an idea of the extent of healing. It is our hope that they will not have to perform surgery but will continue with the current treatment.

My dad hopes to continue to gain energy this week so that he will be ready for visitors in the near future. We will certainly keep you posted as he looks forward to seeing friends soon.

To those who celebrate, Happy Easter to you!

-Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment