Tuesday, April 7, 2009

First Responders



I always wonder what I would do if I were in an emergency situation. Would I freeze? Would I remember my CPR classes? Would I act quickly?




We feel certain that the success of my dad's miraculous recovery has certainly been because of prayer and God's provision but it has also been because of many people who acted quickly, thoroughly and courageously.




The first responders were at NBC where my dad fainted. As I read Adriana's account of what happened that morning, I am in awe of her and others' ability to respond so quickly. To say we are thankful is an understatement. They were the first players in saving my dad's life.




This past Saturday, the human resources department at NBC treated this fantastic team to breakfast and shared the news that they will be purchasing a defibrillator and will train employees on how to use it.
I love the ripple effect that is happening through this situation.
-Barbara

Below is a photo of several of the first responders:




Alex Zigic, Laura Meehan, Anita Selvaggio and Adriana Correa, Carl Hickman (not pictured). Therese Hoeslie (right) is a fellow supervisor, that was there Saturday editing in place of Dwight.

3 comments:

  1. Hallelujah!!! The Miracle Man goes Home!!

    The words we have been praying for!.....but so soon! Leave it to Dwight!!!

    We are back in Sarasota, but remain vigllant in praying for continued healing of Dwight's body.

    This will be an Easter you and thousands of your friends will remember! He is Risen...
    He is Risen indeed!

    God bless you dear friend and please....listen to SUE!!!!!!!

    Love to all of you, Bee and Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful news! Dwight's song must be "Amazing Grace":
    "Through many dangers, toils and snares
    I have already come;
    'Twas grace that brought me safe thus far
    And grace will lead me home."
    Welcome home, Dwight.
    Lenore and Ramsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, may God bless the First Responders!
    Lenore and Ramsey

    ReplyDelete