Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A prayer needed

I was on the phone and heard the call waiting. Normally I look to see who is calling and for some reason I just clicked over to hear a soft voice saying Christine. I did not know who it was. The voice was soft and seemed far away. I realized it was my dad calling me. Wow. My dad is calling me. I still can't believe it. He told me that he is going to have another scope tomorrow to see how the ulcer is. Fear crept into my mind. I am scared because this happened 11 days ago and the news was not good. Can you pray that the ulcer is fine and the results come out in our favor. The good thing is that they don't see his blood levels dropping or blood in the urine or stool. But just keep praying that everything will be okay. Please pray like you did before. Pray hard and a lot. God does need to hear from you. WE KNOW GOD DOES LISTEN!! Christine

3 comments:

  1. Dear Christine,

    As soon as we read this, we began to pray even harder. Please know that Dwight is in our prayers constantly. We will pray for excellent results on the scope tomorrow. What a thrill for you to hear your Dad's voice on the phone!! WOW!!! We sure take things for granted don't we??!! As far as the boredom goes, he needs these times for healing. Quiet, we know' is not in his vocabulary! But somehow he will work through this and focus on his therapy. Its a new way of life for him, but from what he has gone through, these days are ones that will get more routine for him.

    We enjoyed all the April Fool stories! We will share one soon, Love, Bee & Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Christine,
    David and I are freinds from Winnetka. I am quite sure we have met at some point. We have been praying constantly for your dad, as both your parents and your whole family are in our hearts. I hope and pray that all goes well with the endoscopy today. I will keep in touch on the blog and please give my love to your parents and family. Take good care,
    Maria Moreno

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine,

    It is so wonderful that your Dad was able to call you. Just think of all the progress he has made during this last week. Everyone's prayers have been answered, and we will keep praying for his continued full recovery. He has taken a giant step by just being moved to his own room. Nothing unlucky about the room number 1326! It must be faith that he was given that room number on April lst. Please tell your mom that I know how many calls and visitors you are getting so I will not call her cell phone but will keep reading updates you post. Give your Dad a big hug for me when you see him.
    Davida

    ReplyDelete