Friday, March 27, 2009

Amazing Grace

I am sitting here in the waiting room looking at the comments on the blog, reading e-mail and listening to messages on my phone. I am truly amazed and humbled by the outpouring of support that our family has received. First, Christine, Mark, Barbara and Nathan have been a tremendous comfort to me during this awful, devasting time. They have bolstered my spirits and have shown me their great faith in crisis.

The visits from many friends and relatives have kept me as calm as possible. The cards have been encouraging, and the prayers that have surrounded Dwight and me have been very meaningful to us.

Please continue to fervently pray for Dwight.

We are glad that Dwight is strong enough for them to give the MRI test, but we are so fearful of bad news. We do have faith that God is in charge, and we are asking for his mercy and direction for our family. The amount of people who have read the blog show us how much all of you care for him. Please be sure to include your full names so that we are sure who is entering comments.


- Susan

9 comments:

  1. I just want you all to know that my family and I are praying for all of you. May God bring Dwight back to you and comfort you as you wait.

    Tina Quinlan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue keep your positive thoughts going....keep visualizing Dwight in a full recovered state. Tell yourself without any doubt that he is okay. I'm still saying my prayers....stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, We are praying so hard for Dwight that God will soon bring him back to you. May God continue to watch over Dwight and all of you. Love, Laura, Mark and Vinny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Sue and Family,
    With all my heart and soul I am continuously praying for Dwight and hoping that you and yours maintain your hope and strength. May you find comfort in knowing that you are surrounded by the love and prayers of many loving and caring friends nad family.
    Love and peace...Liz S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I worked with Dwight at NBC in the 80's, he was always watching out for us "new guys". My prayers are with him and all of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think of us sitting next to you every day. We are praying for all of you. We are asking God to surround you with His love. You are all very special to us.

    Love, JoAnn & Sam

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are continually keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Judy wanted me to tell you that she did put a prayer in the wall for Dwight as she said she would. The Lindberg, Elmer, Berry and extended families love you all very much. We know God is in control.

    Love, Jim, Barb, Judy, Sherri, Dale and our entire families.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Sue,
    Just returned home from a Church supper and couldn't get up to the condo fast enough to read the Blog. We shared with many of our new friends Dwight's story and they will be praying for him and for you and the girls. So the lines from Sarasota to Heaven just got bigger! We are following Christine's instructions to Pray Loud, Pray A Lot and Pray For A Miracle! We have been praying so much that I told Paul today that I didn't think I have ever felt as close to God as I do now after all the communication I've (We've) had with Him this past week. The anxiety you are going through....I just can't imagine. Please know that God will be with you and will supply the comfort and peace that you need at this time. We are praying for good results on the MRI exam. Dwight will be coming back...we just need to be patient. We feel so strong about this. We love you and your family so much and will go to sleep tonight praying for Dwight and all of you. Hugs, Bee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barbara and family,
    You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Keep up your amazing strength and I know Dwight will do the same. You are on my mind and in my heart.

    Ericka Enochian Clarke

    ReplyDelete