Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Classic.

My dad is now just on oxygen through his nose. I think we all knew that he would wake up in time for April Fool's Day.

When a doctor came in to give my dad an idea of his treatment plan (to go down to a regular room tomorrow then to a rehab facility and then home for OT/PT) . . . my dad suggested he just go straight to rehab and jokingly asked for a second opinion.

After finding out that his wedding ring was cut off due to swelling he asked to borrow my brother-in-law Mark's. After trying it on but it being too small he turns to Mark and says "if it doesn't fit we must acquit".

When his good friend Hal walked into the room my dad smiles at him and says "do I look handsome?!"


I now feel like I can take a deep breath. Thank you, Jesus.
-Barbara

10 comments:

  1. Christine and Mark and Family- I am so glad to hear of your dad's improvement. Praise God! I have been praying for him and will continue to do so. Please let me know if I can watch Klara for you guys, I am home a lot these days and would love to take her for you. Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. your dad is SO my dad. :) it's great to hear about him joking again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I read this bit of good news, your dad SPEAKING and joking with those he loves, I remember what I wrote when your counter hit 10,000- and how we would be celebrating with you again when it hit 20,000- and it hit that mark for your post about him talking. How very sweet indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are thrilled and so thankful for this news! --Eric

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! He is coming back big time. Good thing your mom warned the doctors there about what to expect! What great news. Give him greetings from us.
    Love, Jeannine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only met your dad once or twice, but from the stories I've heard from the Olsons, this post makes me smile to know he's back to being his humorous self again. What joy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue, Dwight and all the family,
    We are so extremely happy for this news!! Dwight, thank God you are back with us. We cannot tell you how this makes us feel. We are overjoyed and thankful to God. And we believe in miracles!
    Love,
    Maria and Dave

    ReplyDelete
  8. "With God, nothing is impossible."
    (Luke 1:37) Need proof? See Dwight!
    Time to sing the Doxology!!
    With great joy and thanksgiving,
    Royce & Marge

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are so happy to hear the good news! God truly answers prayers. Is the medical staff ready for Dwight's jokes?

    Love, JoAnn & Sam

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds just like your dad!!! So glad he is doing so well- we will continue to pray for his recovery. And we will pray for you all to have strength and patience to help him every step of the way. Love, Laura, Mark & Vinny "With God, nothing is impossible" indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete