Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thursday AM

No news to report. My dad remains in a coma and we hope that this will slowly lift. Due to the heavy sedation they had given him, it may still take 24 hours to wake.

After the first EEG the doctors decided to run a 24 hour video EEG. That will be complete around noon today and we will await those results. (probably the first time the camera has been on him and not him behind the camera). The first EEG gave us very negative predictions as to the neurological function of my dad's brain.

So please keep praying for a miracle.

As I lay in bed last night so desperate to fall asleep I said this prayer to the rhythm of my breathing

Please let me sleep.
Please let my dad wake.

I know it's simple but that's what life has becoming right now. Incredibly overwhelmed by the simplest things that now mean so, so much.



A Prayer for This Day
written by Ruth Duck

Healing River of the Spirit

Healing river of the Spirit,
Bathe the wounds that living brings.
Plunge our pain, our sin, our sadness
Deep beneath your sacred springs.
Weary from the restless searching
That has lured us from your side,
We discover in your presence
Peace the world cannot provide

-Barbara

5 comments:

  1. Your simple prayer is beautiful, Barbara. We will pray the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Barbara and Christine and Dear Sue,

    Your prayer is perfect....we will continue doing this today when we think of you...which is very very often.
    Just visited with Amanda and her family..they are here in Sarasota. They send their love and will also be praying. Hugs, Bee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here with you in your vigil... love and compassion sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We continue praying for you today. You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. It is amazing how many people love and care about all of you. You are so special to so many people, and I know G-d can see all of the caring and support that is out there for Dwight and your family. Davida and Joe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara, I am thinking of you and praying for you constantly. Though I barely know you yourself you have been heavy on my heart and mind through this. I know how it is to see a parent suffer, to not know where things are headed and that simple prayer you wrote above, I too have prayed. I am beside you in prayer, lifting your dad (and your mom) up and believing that we do serve a God of miracles. Expect miracles Barbara and family.

    ReplyDelete