Monday, March 23, 2009

March 22 PM

Thank you to those who have reached out through phone calls, emails . . . and to those of you who hold us up in prayer.

I wanted to give you a quick update on my dad's health. Today has been a quiet day in terms of improvements and this is equally as good as it is bad. He continues to be in sedation and on a breathing tube. Right now we ask that you please pray for my dad's lungs. Our kind friend, who is a surgeon at the hospital, came by today to explain the situation in ways that made more sense to us. He said that the next most important improvement is my dad's lungs to be rid of fluid and that he be able to breathe on his own. This can take days to happen and it is critical for this to occur for my dad to be able to recover.

It is a test of faith and endurance for the family but also a huge hurdle for my dad at this point.

Amazing to think that two days ago . . . life was so normal and now we are living in the hospital waiting room looking at oxygen levels, heart rates and other things that we are totally unequipted to interpret but desperately want to, as an attempt to know more. We are waiting for my dad's body to work miracles for things we each take for granted . . . like breathing on our own and opening our eyes. The next big step once his lungs are functioning is that he have normal brain function. Right now because of the sedation, the medical professionals are unable to know what the results of my dad's brain function are. Please pray for this, as it is in our minds and hearts as well.

Other prayer requests:
For us to be able to sleep and eat. It's been difficult to find an appetite or quiet our minds to rest but two days in, it is certain that it's so important.

Nathan, Mark and I as we go back to work and try to balance that with our hearts wanting to be right here.

And of course for my mom . . . for comfort and rest. I can't imagine . . . I just cannot imagine what it must be like to be in her shoes. As I celebrate my 7 year wedding anniversary tomorrow I am reminded of the deep love my parents have for one another and the loyalty and love my mom has at my dad's bedside.

"To love someone is to learn the song in their heart and sing it to them when they have forgotten."
Thank you for singing to us.

We need and love your support.
Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment