Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday AM

Today my dad will have an MRI which to my understanding will give a clearer picture of my dad's brain in terms of tissue, bleeding in the brain, etc. Please say prayers that this test does not show anything. The MRI will be done early afternoon we think but we don't know how long it will take to interpret the results.

If anyone has any information to share about how MRIs work or a more defined explanation of what a coma is, please comment. It would be helpful for us to understand it in simple terms. We know that even the best medical professional can't answer our main question today and that is if my dad will live and how he will live but clarity for where we are at now is always appreciated.

I slept good last night thanks to a sleeping pill and the tremendous love and care my mother-in-law is giving to our family (she flew in yesterday morning). But once I sat on the couch and grabbed my coffee the phone rang and it all came rushing back. My body now feels like every nerve is shot and it is hard to find deep breaths. I know that everyone in my family is experiencing similar feelings so we just ask that you pray that God will calm our hearts today.

Please also send prayers for my dad to wake from his coma. What we would give for him to open his eyes.

-Barbara

7 comments:

  1. Barbara, unfortunately I can't offer any assistant on MRIs or comas. I can certainly continue to offer my prayers and assure you that we've passed on your request to several of our own friends and family as well. I know you probably have lots of folks chipping in right now, but if you are ever in need of a meal I am more than happy to bring one over. Food is, after all, my love language.

    Praying that this coma is Dwight's way of resting up for his big re-entry into a world of people waiting anxiously to smother him in love and affection. Praying, too, for your peace of mind and spirit and for God's abiding presence to be near you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in our prayers constantly. We are praying for positive results on Dwight's MRI test this afternoon. We continue to pray for the Drs. who are taking care of him and for the nurses who are watching over him with careful and professional eyes. We also are asking God to continue to give you all strength and peace as you face each hour of each day. Yes....we are so asking God to WAKE UP DWIGHT! As your Dad as said thousands of times..."lets go...lets go!!" God bless you Barbara, your dear loving Mom and Christine. Hugs we send through the lines.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rallying the troops: http://ilovethekitchen.blogspot.com/2009/03/hope-full.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm praying so many prayers for you today, it has become like breathing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are each in my thoughts and prayers countless times throughout the day. My heart aches for you as you go through the minutes and hours. My prayer is for an MRI with good results and that Dwight begins to come out of the coma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and your family have not left my mind since my mom called me earlier this week. My prayers for you are constant as are my family's. You are right, when he wakes up he will be overwhelmed with love-take care and know that He is near.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and your family are in my prayers, ever since Heather called to tell me the news. I pray that today's MRI has a good outcome and that Dwight comes out of his coma. I will continue to pray for you all.

    ReplyDelete