Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Waiting Game

We arrived at the hospital a bit ago and went to visit my dad. My dad's swelling has gone down but he is twitching and while this could mean many things, it has caused stress for my mom and I. We spoke with the nursing staff and it sounds like his night was pretty stable. They tried to take him out of sedation but the twitching didn't stop and they put him back in sedation.

They will do a second eeg today and it may be an hour or monitoring up to 24 hours. The doctors will compare these results with the first eeg and we will then get some more information.

I just want to know if my dad is okay. I know that this is so basic but it is the cry of my heart.

I know that we should be "taking it one thing at a time . . . one day at a time" but I am exhibiting the most patience I have ever had and still feel like I'm a child on a long distance car ride . . . "are we there yet?!"

Please continue to pray:

For my dad's neurological function.
For the wisdom of the doctors.
For God to provide more and more peace and comfort to us.
For the twitching in my dad's body.
For courage for my dad when he wakes from sedation.
For our tired bodies.
For continued wisdom in work/life/circumstance balance.

-Barbara

2 comments:

  1. Oh, B. My heart cries for you. I know, like many of the waiting game struggles, we just want this to be over and have our happy ending in our lap. I just want to know that your dad is okay, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words are so inadequate to express the deep feelings of the heart. The only thing that we can do is the best thing we can do: fervent prayer for Dwight's healing, and grace and peace for those who so anxiously wait. May you sense God's loving embrace in this time of need.

    Lovingly, in Christ,
    Royce & Marge Eckhardt

    ReplyDelete